July 24 – 29, 2011, at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, sponsored by Gaia Collaborative Medicine Clinic.
Dr. Carlos de Leon is offering a retreat at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise to explore, explain, question, and taste when possible the fundamental issues involved in a spiritual path and practice. The goal in this work is to bring clarity to the participants of what is involved in a spiritual path, and give them basic elements, theoretical and practical to embark upon a deeper quest and experience.
During the retreat we will explore, explain, question, and taste when possible the fundamental issues involved in a spiritual path and practice.
We will follow an integrative approach where we will include models of different spiritual traditions.
The goal in this work is to bring clarity to the participants of what is involved in a spiritual path, and give them basic elements, theoretical and practical to embark upon a deeper quest and experience.
Advanced techniques will be shared depending on the reception of the group. This type of work brings benefit to beginners and people that are already practitioners of a spiritual path, but that lack the understanding of the whole of the work involved.
Depending on the group interest, we could plan to have in future retreats covering more extensive training in one particular area.
The proposed themes for the week are the following:
- Body-Mind Flow
- Bodies and Consciousness
- Karma and filters of reality
- Dream World
These are some universal issues, shared by all humanity, that go beyond cultures and historical moments.
These issues make us face fundamental questions about life and ourselves, questions that have stimulated through the ages, the creation of a vast number of spiritual teachings and explanations. Sadly instead of following a group learning process as humanity, we have produced a sort of spiritual competition, where one has to be right and the others wrong. In Ontogony we try to understand our humanity, using the experience of the spiritual traditions, but trying not to be limited by them.
It is common in our quest for wisdom, to have extreme views, bouncing from theoretical and logical positions, to experience without understanding. In my work I have found many practitioners in the spiritual path, that lack clear understanding of the view that originated the techniques, as well as the goals pursued in the practice, bringing an incomplete accomplishment to the person.
Also I had encountered a good share of spiritual people, with a lot of intellectual knowledge, but without real experiences that can transform them, and their spirituality becomes death and dogmatic. In any path, in any level, there are some areas that have to be addressed, such as:
- The root of suffering and fundamental ignorance.
- The root of neurosis and its development.
- Dynamics of Karma.
- The different bodies.
- Consciousness and the Self.
- God, grace.
- The function of the body and incarnation, etc.
In this retreat, we are going to explore those areas trying to clarify the concepts and presenting several practices with which the participants can reach an experience by themselves and therefore a better understanding of reality.
∞ Ontos = Being; Self.
∞ Gonos = Becoming; Realization.
Ontogony began in 1976 as an experiment of exploration to find the most effective ways for consciousness expansion and liberation in our modern time.
This exploration had some bases, which are:
- The old traditions are in a process of disappearing or in that one of deep changes in order to survive in modern times.
- The planet is going through a globalization phenomena which includes the spiritual teachings as well.
- This globalization can bring a dilution to the spiritual teaching that can make humanity lose a great part of its heritage. This danger appears obvious to us through the superficial teaching and charlatanism frequently found in the so called “New Age Movement”, which has produced a broad “spiritual market” where the “consumer” is presented with all sorts of valid and invalid options.
- This globalization taken in its best face can take us to a “Messianic” age where we can expect to bring great benefit to the planet.
- It came to be our work to try to rescue disappearing practices and “Spiritual Intents” which we considered worthy of it because of their depth and practicality. This has been done mainly by detecting suitable teachers and directly learning from them.
- After learning something we try to reinterpret it to a more universal frame so we can build this “messianic “model.
- Everything we learn, practice and teach, we consider it as a model of reality and truth, never as the truth or the reality. We believe in building better models all the time, more clear and functional, but never defend them as truth, that can only be personally experienced. Therefore we take all traditions as models of explanation produced in a certain geographical, historical and cultural period.
- We emphasize practice based in compassion and wisdom. Academic spirit is appreciated but is secondary to practice.
- We believe that the ultimate goal is to practice in the Divine Grace, experiencing consciously our true nature.
- Ontogony is then a continuos flow of research, practice and teaching.
- A great part of Ontogony is to share our findings with the people therefore we teach different subjects and when possible invite different teachers so the people can experience teaching in a more pure way within a tradition.
Between us we say that Ontogony is “Spiritual Hacking”, meaning that we try to liberate spiritual information without harming anybody.
In all these years we have come into the conclusion that the practice of the following traditional spiritual traditions are worthy to pursue because of their potential in liberation and emphasis in practice:
- Christian-judaic Kabbalah
- Shaivist Tantra
The following practices are considered helpful as support for the path of Liberation:
- Body-Mind Psychotherapy
- Martial Arts
- Holistic Healing
In general we say that any path should take into account three points to have a proper practice:
Location: Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
Check In: Sunday July 24, 2 pm
Start: Sunday July 24, 4 pm
Finish: Friday July 29, 11 pm
Check Out: Saturday July 30, 12 noon
Cost: $1100, plus tax (includes 16 meals and 59 hours of teachings)
(Lodging seperate, see below)
$300 deposit required upon registration.
Full Payment: required by Friday, June 10.
Refund: Full amount less $50 admin -within 30 days of purchase
* 50% after 30 days
* No Refund after Friday, June 10
Registration is on a first come first serve basis.
Please contact Kristy with your retreat and meal payment/deposit.
Retreat space is limited.
Accommodations will require you to book directly:
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise – Private Room – $179/night, plus tax
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise – Shared Room – $179/night, plus tax, double occupancy
(800 number and on line promo code will be provided before the end of January)
Please note that the Hostel and the Campground are located in the Village of Lake Louise and will require about a 10 minute drive up and down the mountain, to and from the hotel.
Each day (except Sunday) starts at 7am and ends at 11pm.
If you know others who might be interested please forward this on to them. If you would like to display or distribute a poster in your area to help promote this event, let me know and I will provide you the link when it is completed.
If you are interested in receiving information on the indelible teachings of Parvathi Nanda Nath, at Gaia Clinic in Canmore, June 1-5, simply reply to this email.
We look forward to seeing you at this great event in one of the most beautiful hotels and stimulating locations in the world. This is an ideal location to bring your family based on room price, scenery and activities. Please don’t hesitate to call or reply to this email if you have any question or concerns.
Gaia Collaborative Medicine, Inc.
P: (403) 707-7575F: 403-675-4243 Website: gaiaclinic.ca